Tuesday 19 August 2014

Alex Box/Butterfly Inspired Theatrical Makeup

Alex Box/Butterfly Inspired Theatrical Makeup

Hey everyone,

I really did struggle to name this look as I had no idea what I was going to do so thought I would just see what happened as the look progressed, and this is what I come up with! I love using lots of colour and experimenting. One of my favourite quotes 'Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep' is really important when it comes to makeup. Although it is sometimes nice to have a plan it is also good to just let your imagination run free. In my eyes this look is very Alex Box/Illamasqua inspired yet totally random at the same time. I love these 3D butterfly stickers I purchased from a seller on Amazon. They really make the look and give it that edge. In some ways this look reminds me of a woodland fairy so this would be lovely for a fancy dress party or even Halloween if you are not into dressing as a scary, gory character. 










                         'Art enables us to find ourselves and lose ourselves at the same time' 

                                                               Thanks for reading!

                                                                           Ell x

No comments:

Post a Comment